Most of you know that I am at home recovering from a concussion that happened when I fell two months ago. It has been a long process and while I believe I am healing in the care of my loving Heavenly Father, this process has stretched me to the max at times.
Most of my days are spent in complete quiet and darkness. I have built up a tolerance to watch TV at night with my husband for a few hours; any more than that and I pay for it with a busting headache. I am also able to work on the computer for a couple hours – in spurts of about 20 minutes at one time. Once I am “finished” I literally have to rest for hours because I am completely spent.
While I can dress myself and feed myself and I have my sight and my hearing, there is a temptation to look at the things I still can’t do. So, to help combat that temptation, I decided to make a list of the things I KNOW for sure. Not the things I think, but the things I am completely confident in – there is NO doubt.
See when I was in college I loved to watch Oprah. I even enjoyed reading her magazine. My favorite part was when she shared “What I Know For Sure.” You could feel the strength and conviction come from her insides. So, I decided to try it from a scriptural perspective. I needed to remind myself of my own convictions.
Here are the things that I know for sure:
- I am the righteousness of God in Jesus.
- I am blessed going into situations and I am blessed coming out.
- I am the head and not the tail.
- I am above only and not beneath.
- I have the mind of Christ. I hold His thoughts, feelings and intentions.
- I am healed and I am whole.
- I am the apple of His eye.
- I am confident that He who began a good work in me will be faithful to complete it.
- I am one whose footsteps are ordered of God.
- I am His sheep and I hear His voice clearly. The voice of a stranger I do not hear or obey.
- I know that whether I turn to the right or to the left, my ears will hear a voice behind me saying, “This is the way, walk in it.”
- I am rooted and grounded in love.
- I can see things from the heavenly perspective.
- I want to be like Jesus and only do what I hear the Father say to do.
- I am free from the fear of man.
- I am free from self loathing and any form of condemnation.
- I am relaxed and at ease in my body because I know that first and foremost, I am a spirit, I have a soul and I live in a body.
- I put my hand to things that the Father shows me to do and that thing prospers.
- I believe that God gives me the desires of my heart. He puts them in there and then HE brings them to pass.
- I don’t play nine inning games. I play until I win!! (Kenneth Copeland)
- I tell others that God is not mad at them, that He does not want to count their sins against them.
- I love being in the courts of the Lord. His presence is my desire…the very air I breathe.
- I am free from shame!
- I look to Him and I am radiant.
- I seek His kingdom and His righteousness first in my life, so I know that all things will be added unto me.
- I believe His grace is real. It is the unmerited favor of God; it is well timed help whenever I need it. It is the ability to do and go through anything that I need to.
- I am led by peace.
- I am at rest, free from agitation.
These convictions are based on the word of God and when I write them down, my faith rises and my perspective shifts.
Is there something there that inspired you? Is there something there that puzzled you? What is one thing that you KNOW for sure? If you struggle to answer that question use this journal entry to brainstorm a list that you can use to encourage yourself and then sound off in the comments below. I’d love to hear from you. Until then, make sure you take the time today to BeLoved Completely.
Things I Know For Sure journal entry